Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Dead Poet

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never seen "The Dead Poet's Society" - I feel like I always intended to watch it, but I'm very unreliable when it comes to flicks and generally unless I'm spontaneously seized by a decision to rent or go to a movie, I'm not going to actually tick any "must-sees" off a list. However, last night I experienced (for the second time, it turns out) the wonders of a bar by the name of The Dead Poet on the Upper West Side.
I met up with some newbie-friends - this city is just full of people eager to get to know each other, so long as you're willing to go the distance, get up off the couch, and into the snowy nights - at this bar, and loved it. Or, I should say, loved it even more after recognizing that I'd been there once before. This bar is a lovely excuse to head up to the UWS - with quotes by poets lining the walls, televisions for those who are sports-inclined and an amazing selection of beers, this is a fun bar with a casual vibe that I will be happy to return to!
 {Photos via Yelp}

The Dead Poet is located at 450 Amsterdam, New York, NY 10024

No comments:

Post a Comment