Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it Snow!

I am still thrilled to pieces about this snow. Everyone I know who hails from the East Coast is grumbling and moaning about every inch that falls - presumably because they foresee the impending gray slush and ice - but I am still wide-eyed with wonder at how lovely it all is. We had another "storm" last night, and this time I was lucky enough to spend a few minutes watching flakes fly before I fell asleep. Then this morning, I woke up to the prettiest commute I've had yet. Enjoy these few snapshots while I eat my warm oatmeal with flax seeds and sugar (Hi, yes, still a little bit hippie) and muse the fact that my snowshoes have become far too worn out now that they must actually be used for their intended purpose...I may have to shell out as I'm not sure how effective galoshes with wool socks will be...though I did see a slew of this very solution on my walk in to work... Regardless, still a perfect start to a cozy day!




1 comment:

  1. mmmm. so beautiful. though i think all of us who were here for the last time are a bit skiddish (spelling?). and i definitely fell getting home at 11:30 last night--right there on broadway, i slipped and took a huge tumble. it was awesome (mostly because i was fine!).

    lovely pics. xo. (and i'm digging flax seeds in my green monster).

    ReplyDelete