Monday, February 7, 2011

Aureole

 {Image via}
Last week my coworkers and I took advantage of New York's restaurant week to visit an eatery close to our office for their lunch menu. Our chosen locale was Aureole, a part of the Charlie Palmer group of restaurants, and a delightful selection if I may say. I had the Frisee and Mache salad for my first course - a decadent combination of goat cheese cromesquis, poached quail eggs, and duck prosciutto, followed up by Pork Cheeks for my main entree. That's right, this daughter of a sometimes-vegan ate Pork Cheeks with a cronichon mustard sauce, ragout of lentil, and escarole, and enjoyed it! (Although, I must admit, I was more fond of the ragout of lentil than of the actual meat main course...) Finishing off the meal with an Apple Duo and some complimentary cookies for the table made for a wonderful bit of time away from the office.
 {Image via
 {Pork Cheeks}

Aureole is located at One Bryant Park, 135 West 42nd Street, between 6th Avenue and Broadway. They can be reached at 212.319.1660

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds fantastic! I wonder is San Francisco has a restaurant week..

    ReplyDelete