Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Friendship

 {Image via}
If there's two things this move to the eastern coast has taught me, it's that self-reliance is of key importance, and that I have more than enough of it, and that a group of good friends is key to my happiness. I love and miss all the friends I left behind in San Diego and scattered throughout Northern California, and it definitely helps to know that a few of them have migrated to this same neck of the woods, landing in pockets of the north east. But having a network of girls to be able to bond with in my immediate city is vital to my happiness, and I am relieved to see that such a network is finally developing for me. When I look at the big picture, I really have only been in New York for 6 months, so the timeline of working-settling-making friends has unfolded very sensibly. It's just nice to feel like I'm hitting a true comfort zone where the necessities I need are truly coming to fruition, not to include just money-habits-shelter, but also to include friends-outings-laughter. It's also refreshing to so tangibly experience how I function - completely changing my world has brought me back to the basics of what I want. And I'm making it.

These are just pictures of friendships portrayed on television, only because posts without pictures tend to annoy me, and I've already done one of those this week. Happy Wednesday, all!
 {Image via}
{Image via}
{Image via}

1 comment: