Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Mania Strikes City

 {Image via}
Okay, I have no idea if there is any mania to be had, although apparently there is a street fair of sorts going down in Greenwich Village this morning, ladies in fancy hats and all, to celebrate the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. And I must admit, while I did not get totally into the frenzy of Royal Wedding excitement, I do have a certain crush on all things English, so I was excited when, as I groggily turned on my radio this morning, NPR played a snippet of the vows between the cute kids, Will and Kate. His voice was so deep, and hers so soft. It was rather surprising, even as I sort of felt for them, seeming so quiet and clipped in the somber pomp of such an affair. It may have been nice to see the couple tying the knot after all, see if she had tears glistening in her eyes, or if he only had eyes for her. I look forward to the images that will come trickling out soon enough. And, in other, more me-related news, it is Friday! It is warm, sunny and glorious, and I am eager for the weekend to begin!
Update: She does look lovely, doesn't she? And he? So very English. Yup, I still love me some British men.
 {Image via}

No comments:

Post a Comment