Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lazy....

It's supposed to hit 99 degrees today. The sort of heat that's not so unbearable if it's a dry heat, if there's a pool nearby, or if you're at a beach. But I have a sneaking suspicion that 99 degree heat, with humidity, in the claustrophobia of the city, may just drive me batty. I'm a sweaty sally to begin with (Sorry, did I not mention I'm a TMI kinda girl earlier in this blog?) so anytime spent outside may not bode well today. This is the sort of weather I expected when I moved to New York, despite my apprehension regarding it, and it makes me want to sit out on my fire escape and listen to the 50's ditties that signify New York City summers to me. Rather like this little ditty, brought to life by my forever-favorite, Marilyn, in the flick "There's No Business Like Show Business." She really is the tops, in my book, and coupled with Mitzi Gaynor and Donald O'Connor? Fab. Enjoy and you New Yorkers stay cool out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment