Tuesday, August 16, 2011

gloomy days

 {Image via}
After a weekend of non-stop rain, thunder and lightning - which yours truly thoroughly enjoyed - it appeared to be clearing up last night. However, upon waking this morning, another cloud-filled rain-threatening sky welcomed me. I must say though, the weather sort of synced up with my mood and I'm finding myself feeling cozy and content with the continued gloomy weather. I got to watch my new favorite show "Rizzoli and Isles" last night, and walked to work today with some Irish punk putting a pep in my step - Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys - to not only embrace the rather Ireland-feeling dampness of the morning, but also to keep me in mind of the fantastic new TV show I just can't help looking forward to. Even better? A friend of mine properly set up my television so that, even with only the basic cable chord plugged in, I am able to get many more channels than I ever thought possible. I would not have even considered fiddling around with the "menu" function on my remote, but lo and behold now I will be able to watch more shows - including my new favorite story of two Boston-based besties - from the comfort of my own home! Surely this will come wonderfully in-handy as winter creeps upon us and gallivanting between the train and friends' houses becomes less and less ideal a way to spend time after work or on the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment