Monday, September 26, 2011

Of course

 {Image via}
I have a friend in town staying with me as adjustments are made from an west coast to east coast move, and we spent this weekend essentially doing nothing, except for Saturday night when we made the great excursion from Upper East Side to Downtown to meet up with a couple of my friends for a night out. Typically, we didn't start getting ready until around midnight, but then we got to the station and the train we needed to get down into the maze of Greenwich Village was - of course - not runnning. It has been so long since I have been on a train other than my standard 6, that I had forgotten just how frustrating it can be to have to transfer lines, wait for the next train, transfer lines again, all to get to the same place that one single train could take you on a weekday. Yet, I felt a little surge of pride as I followed the posted advisories to get us onto the right trains, which - also per usual for a weekend - were trains running on the "wrong" lines, and I got us to our destination unscathed. Although ridiculously late as all the switcheroos added on quite a little bit of time to our commute. Still, the night was wonderfully fun - a strong cocktail does indeed cure all ills - and I sort of like that my friend got a true taste of how it is traversing the city on the weekends. Because the commute is all a part of the experience in this city, and I like it that way. Happy Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment