Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy 2012!

 {Image via}
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve weekend! I enjoyed myself although I am now dealing with either a head cold or allergies, and it is supposed to get ever-colder this week and possibly flurry this evening. Due to congestion and my allergy medication (which will hopefully kick in if that is indeed what I'm dealing with here) I am in somewhat lackluster of a mood. But as I've perused the world of blogs I've witnessed a lot of the resolution making that generally accompanies this time of year, and the one thing I keep coming back to is what I may as well make my resolution for this year. Which is? To stop dwelling on the past. I've had a severe struggle with moving on from past mistakes this last half-a-year, and now that 2011 is literally behind us, and we've moved on to a brand new year of 2012, this seems like the best possible time to actively force myself to stop thinking of the past. I say actively because I know I am going to have to very deliberately distract myself when I catch myself thinking about the things from the last year that just have no place being dwelled upon. Easy to say, so hard to do. So wish me luck doing that, and surely we can kick 2012 off right!

No comments:

Post a Comment