Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween!

Okay guys, I led you astray. I carved no pumpkins last night. I had no energy after schlepping my belongings to my new abode. I did, however, eat sushi and pumpkins have indeed been purchased. This morning. On my way to work. Because I honestly felt guilty that I had so fully intended to carve mini-jack-o-lanterns and then done utterly none of it, that I bought them on my way into work to appease the guilt. I know, I'm sort of neurotic. But look! Aren't they beautiful? Who could carve pumpkins like these anyways. Not me, as I lack the proper instruments I realized.
  The sushi that distracted me from carving was indeed a delightful excuse to drink plum wine and rest my sore arms. (Oh, did I not mention that I walked my remaining worldly possessions to my new place? 17 blocks. Sometimes the things I refuse to spend money on seem so pathetic in hindsight. Though mostly only when they involve aching limbs.) We ate at The Loop, and it was good, affordable, delicious sushi. I highly recommend. The fact that it's dangerously close to my new abode is either a bonus or a curse. Only time will tell.
And now! A fond farewell to October via the beautiful and ever-changing leaves. I was in a meeting yesterday in a conference room from which we could glimpse Central Park - and the leaves were mesmerizing. It was all I could do to not bust out my phone and take a picture right there. Oh, you thought the amazingly high-quality photos on this blog were a result of some sort of actual camera? No, no my friends, camera on the phone. I've said it before, I'll say it again, I'm nothing if not classy.


I hope everyone has a rockin' and spooky Halloween, filled with more treats than tricks! I will be attending various festivities (read: bars and The Parade - yes, duh, I'm going. All I caught was the tail-end of drunken hangers-on last year and that just ain't gonna fly as a resident) as Tinker Bell. (With this hair, could I not?! Oh, that's right, you can now all see the 'do! Or if you can't, then Where's Waldo? was not offered to you often enough as a child. Found it?)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Oh Jess. Those pumpkins are adorable...you wouldn't want to hurt them! I am anxiously awaiting photos of your place....and...and...you have to try Cube 63 in the East Village. Awesome sushi. Would you mind having some extra rolls for me? I am seriously feeling deprived.

    ReplyDelete