Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ember Room

 On my way home from work last night, I got a call from a friend inviting me to join her for a restaurant opening. I'm embarrassed to admit that there was actually some convincing required; I'd had my mind set on a lazy evening in and the outfit I'd worn to work was not going to transition well to cocktail hour. Still, I accepted her generous invitation, and got to experience Ember Room. An Asian-inflected barbecue eatery, run by New York well-knowns Todd English and Ian Chalermkittichai, Ember Room boasts strong cocktails and delicious chicken, eggplant, and sea bass dishes, if the hors d'oeuvres served last night are any indication. The ambiance inside the restaurant is reason enough to pop in for a meal - the ceiling on the second floor is completely covered with what must be hundreds of gold bells. As you can imagine, this makes for a truly breathtaking space you would do well to check out.
{Image via}

{Image via}

 {Image via}
 
The Ember Room is located at 647 Ninth Ave., between 45th and 46th Streets, and can be reached at (212) 245-8880 or via emberroom.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment