Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Exploration

 Since moving to New York City I haven't been doing too much exploring, considering how expansive the 5 boroughs of New York are.But I feel that going for a meal in a new neighborhood is a perfect reason to make a night of exploring, which is how I found myself in Astoria, Queens last night, dining on a truly fabulous burger at Sweet Afton. I know I just wrote about eating burgers a few posts ago, and I actually don't eat them with such regularity as it would seem, but truly, this may have been the best burger I've ever eaten. A fact which was was 100% due to the bun. It was more like a roll, was hearty and didn't crumble at any point during the meal. Fab. Added bonus? The bar itself is quaint too, open beamed ceilings, dimly lit, with quick, friendly service, and a good selection of drinks. I highly recommend you check this place out; after all, a good burger in a relaxed bar always makes for a good night!.

Sweet Afton Bar is located at 30-09 34th Street, Astoria, NY 11103, or they can be reached at (718) 777-2570

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a really cool place! I have always wanted to go to New York, mainly for the food to be honest! xoxo

    ReplyDelete