Friday, April 15, 2011

Springy

In spite of a rocky workday start, I am having a Springy Friday morning. The sun is out, the sky is blue, the weekend is ahead, promising and sparkling with as-yet-unknown possibilities. And finally Manhattan is looking like Spring. There is still a threat of rain this weekend, but I couldn't help but smile at the excitement New York feels for Spring, evident to me as I walked to work today. Not only are all the trees blossoming - as everyone promised would happen - but in all the planters lining the streets, and all the parks dotting this cement jungle, daffodils have been planted. Smiling up at passersby with their bright little faces, these enthusiastically planted bits o' spring certainly put a pep in this girls step! I just love that a city as stereotypically gritty as New York, would make such an effort to create beauty and welcome the end of winter. And the steadfast knowledge that this move was a good idea, surfaces yet again. Happy Friday all!



1 comment:

  1. How beautiful!! I am so glad Spring has finally arrived over there :)

    ReplyDelete