Monday, May 16, 2011

Rainy Days

 {Image via}
I am officially lost when it comes to seasonal weather. I understood there would be snow in the winter. I understood there would be rain in the early spring, that April showers bring May flowers, and all that. However, I did not know that winter would equate to ice storms and blizzards and months upon months of snowfall. And I did not know that spring would equate to pouring, pelting rain late into May, with no end in sight. I am severely confused by the fact that last weekend the weather was gorgeous enough to make me put all thoughts of the winter I'd survived behind me, and yet here is rain, and endless gray, with no respite for the rest of the week. And, while I rather wish I had plans to go home to an old movie and perhaps some bread or muffins to bake, I'm still looking forward to going home to a cozy room from which to watch the rain come down out my window. How thankful I am to have a warm home in which to seek refuge from this sometimes-bothersome weather. Happy Monday all, may your weeks start off swimmingly!

PS - Yes, I realize there is beach and sun and warmth behind this model with the maddeningly fabulous hair and the umbrella. But an umbrella is an umbrella is an umbrella, yes? And who really uses an umbrella to keep sun off? Thus, this piccy fits this post. Also, I just rather enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that pic Jess! Sorry the weather isn't behaving...I think you should come back home! ;) Good thing New York is pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great pic! It sounds like the weather is being awful there. It's so bad here too at the moment. Yesterday morning was minus seven degrees Celsius!! In Autumn!!
    I hope the weather clears up for you and you get the sun and warmth that Spring should bring :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete