Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chain reactions

 {Image via}
I have been skimping on my sleep lately, as I'm pretty sure I've lamented in posts before, and last night my body had had enough. I got home from work, had a shower and a glass of wine, and fell asleep by 8:30 pm. I woke up briefly at midnight to turn on my AC as my studio was stifling, and fell back asleep until my alarm bleeped me awake at 6:30 this morning. Nearly 10-hours of sleep later, I am feeling more chipper and like myself than I have in what feels like weeks, and it is incredible. Added bonus? I wanted to keep my energies high once I got to work so I forewent my usual "breakfast" of black coffee and some sort of sugar (candy, cookie, pastry, whatever's available) and instead went to Duane Reade to buy some proper cereal, and pretzels to snack on for later., rather than the processed sugar in Reese's Pieces or M'n'M's that I usually reach for. It really is amazing how putting my body back on a healing track makes me want to keep it going in an upwards direction. I do believe that diet and properly taking care of myself has a huge effect on my mood, and if this current chain of events is any indication, that is indeed the case. Wish me luck continuing my healthy track today - I keep thinking I really ought to buy some fruits and veggies to munch on, rather than the sodium-laden left-over Chinese food I have in the fridge for lunch, but we'll see if I get that far...Happy Wednesday all!
UPDATE: I did indeed each the sodium-laden Chinese leftovers for lunch. But, I only ate half. Gettin' there!

No comments:

Post a Comment