Thursday, June 30, 2011

Content

 {Image via}
I woke up in a bit of an off mood this morning, but left my apartment early enough that I could walk to work, in the relative solitude of a New York City morning where most worker bees are cramming themselves onto the trains. And, as is always the case, the walk did me a world of good. And while I did not use the time to think or to process or to debate, I did sort of float along in a swirl of melancholy songs, until I ended up in my office, early again, and am able to now briefly ruminate on how bright the sun already is, and how quiet this working space is, before the masses arrive. And it is rather sweet and all too fleeting, this small bit of solitude, even when being appreciated under flourescent lights, in front of a glowing computer screen. May you all find a little bit of peace just like this today, for I assure you it is lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment