Thursday, September 1, 2011

almost there...

 [Image via}
It's rather sad that after starting my workweek on a Tuesday and knowing that the weekend will be a long one with no real plans of any sort, I am still so antsy for Friday to get here. I've been having a rather wonky past few days - perhaps catching up on sleep is the culprit but I can't imagine I would still be suffering sleep deprivation this many days after my airport all-nighter. Evenings spent watching old seasons of "True Blood" followed by dreams about my sister and I watching musical theater rehearsals outside my bathroom window, and then re-starting with "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown" soundtrack listenings on my walk to work, and I've been having some rather sleepless nights and some relatedly exhausted mornings. Perhaps I'm mixing too strange a combination of interests all together. Regardless, I am looking forward to a long weekend of nothing - and with any luck some rain - to get my mind focused and back on track. Is it sad that I'm already looking forward to an quick October weekend back in San Diego? Perhaps that's a little telling too...I guess I'm antsy, feeling bored? Needing change? Or...return to comfort zones? Maybe I just wanted to an excuse to use that picture? Le sigh who knows. Regardless, we've made it to Thursday, friends, and I hope your days all go smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment