Monday, September 12, 2011

Clean Sweep

 {Image via}
Walking to work this morning I saw a shopowner sweeping the area in front of his store! That's right, sweeping. Not spraying with water, just sweeping. With a dust-bin no less. Made me happy. A lovely start to a new week, to a new page in this beginning month of my 2nd year in New York City. After a weekend spent charging nights and meals out like I had money to spare, imbibing far, far, far too much, and sleeping far too few solid, deep-sleep hours, I am ready for a life recuperation of the highest degree. I shall be striving to live a more monk-like existence for these next few months, getting back to basics, cooking at home, doing cheap-if-not-free activities with friends, paying off bills standing as goal number one, paring down my closet of goods I no longer wear as a means to get closer to that goal, downsizing my consumerist life, in general as an added bonus. It's funny how what feels like a bender of a weekend, is pretty much how I used to spend every weekend in my early 20's, in college. Funny how now, at the ripe old age of 28, I have a strange, sad, moral hangover of sorts after such a weekend. Guess I'm getting older, faster than I thought. The responsibilities and shoulda's weigh heavily now. And to have been to irresponsible and ridiculous on a weekend that commemorated the 10th anniversary of the horrors of September 11's attack no less?! The guilt just builds. But, all we can do is keep on keeping on, so such shall be the goal, eh? So. Here's to a productive Monday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment