Thursday, September 29, 2011

memories

 {Image via}
The oft-frequented beach in my former city, brought back to life with happy memories by the photos found
I came across an old email that a former neighbor had sent out to all our fellow residents years ago, when we all resided in the same complex. The email contained a link to a small, presumably forgotten-about online photo album wherein photos of our neighborly escapades had been saved. Looking at the photos brought back such fond memories for me - of my first solo apartment, of the incredible neighbors-who-became-friends with whom I resided, of the fabulous times I had in that complex, with those friends, in that arrangement. It reminded me just how much I have been lucky enough to experience - and cherish - in my life. How so many more things are to come, how I will always remember the times and the things that had to end, bittersweet but with my eye turned to newer adventures. It's wonderful to be able to look back and cherish good times with good people, no matter how fleeting, no matter how nice it may seem at times to be able to return to those maybe simpler, maybe just different times. And the bittersweet knowledge that you never can return to anything in the past. Still, it's nice to take time every now and again, to just remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment