Monday, October 3, 2011

October!

 The month of Halloween is here and New York is already starting its celebrations! By which I mean, I saw my first decorated stoop en route to work today, and it sort of made me realize that we are indeed into October. The air was a crisp 50 degrees - I had to throw on my coat as I ran out the door - and then whilst walking I passed a beautifully wrought-iron fence with ghosts and ghouls perched just so beyond it. Made me smile, as I assumed there may be children living in the abode, although it could just as easily be an excited adult. I'm not sure I want to go all out this year - I've gotten dolled up and done the Parade the past 2 years, and to be honest I think this year I sort of want a Halloween weekend filled with scary movies and sweet treats but I don't know if I want to brave all the crowds again. And I really don't know if I want to dress up. Maybe a mask if someone throws a legitimate party, but I don't want to go crawling the bar scenes, crammed in out of the cold night air with far, far too many people. I'm enjoying this easing into the Halloween scene, though, so we'll see if I get more excitable as the month goes on. In the meantime, Happy  Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment