Friday, September 17, 2010

Broadway baby

I hope this morning finds you dry and warm! I was caught in the deluge last night, no 'brella, no coat. Typical newbie. But how thrilling thunderstorms are.

In other news, I was fortunate enough to get to take in my first Broadway show as a resident of New York City on Wednesday night, and what a fabulous show I chose to be my initiation.


"A Little Night Music", surely one of Sondheim's many great works, is playing currently at the Walter Kerr Theater, and this staging is truly incredible. With its replacement cast taking over for the mesmerizing Angela Lansbury (what I wouldn't have given to see her!) and the questionable Catherine Zeta-Jones, I was able to see live, in all their glory, both the breathtaking Bernadette Peters and the inimitable Elaine Stritch. Can you believe it?!


Honestly, if you're a student you can see the show for reduced prices, and I would have paid a ridiculous sum because this show is tremendous. The interviews, reports and reviews haven't been wrong - Bernadette and Elaine have a fabulous repore together, and bring Sondheim's music splendidly to life.

So really, what's a little storm compared to that much glitter?

"A Little Night Music" is playing at the Walter Kerr Theater, 219 W 48th St., NY, NY 10019
http://www.nightmusiconbroadway.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment