Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The weekend...

This past weekend was beyond incredible. I flew back to my home state of California for the wedding of one of my dearest friends. All the greatest chums were present, eager to celebrate in her momentous day, and the memories and good times just kept coming. I could not have asked for a better result of spending 12 hours round trip in an airplane, for what ended up being a 15-minute ceremony. Totally worth it.

And, after all was said and done, I could not wait to get back to my new home city, so that was a delightful realization on its own. I had dinner last night with one of my fabulous neighbs from my old Cali neighborhood. He happened to be in town for dinner and it was just as if I'd never left. How can one girl get so lucky?

I'll amend, reading the delightful Heart of Light this morning, I was smacked in the head by how amazing some people's romantic relationships are, and also made to crave a delicious macaron of my very own. Oh yes, I read certain blogs compulsively, and the one linked above never fails to put me in a happy mood.

In sum, cherish happy memories, live in the moment, and try to always keep your heart and head open. I have the most trouble with the last one, I'm a bit of a pre-judger. Time to stop that. And, perhaps, to enjoy a macaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment