Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adorbs!

I'm obsessed with the idea of fashion and style. I read personal style and interior design blogs religiously - and at one time subscribed simultaneously to "Vogue," "InStyle," "Allure," "Lucky," "W," and "Vanity Fair" - but I'm not good at actually wearing outfits reflecting any kind of style.

I want to feel awesome leaving my apartment. No more Dirty California Hippie (coined by a dear friend back home). But wanting to, and actually doing it, those are two different scenarios. I guess I've started, I did get the chic haircut. Oh right, there's no photographic evidence for you, reader of my blog. Apologies. Trust me, it's a good look.

But for me to do it, dressing well needs to be easy. Basically, I like to sleep and don't want to spend more than 30 minutes (absolute max, ideally 15 minutes) getting ready in the morning. The solution I've reached? Dresses! Throw 'em over your head, belt 'em up (I need proof that I have a waist) and you're out the door! I think I'd like to start with this one:

Isn't that divine? Simple, elegant, totally work-appropriate. Couldn't you just see it with mustard or eggplant-colored tights for Fall? And look at that. Maybe I'm learning...

Cup of Jo directed me to the site from whence I fell in love with this dress, I certainly can't take credit for finding that gem on my own. But maybe, one day, I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment