Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Lord of the Rings" in Concert

All right, all right! "Enough belly-aching about your first foray into New York dating!" The hordes cried. "Enough crowing that you're single and fabulous!" They lamented. Fine. You have adequately chastized me. Finally, I present to you a the splendor that was last Friday night, watching "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" performed with a live orchestra and choir. Let me just say, ah-mazing.

And that ringing endorsement is coming from someone who has neither read the books nor seen the movies. I am such a cultural ignoramus, in fact, that the friends with whom I saw this live specatacle, had a viewing the night prior to catch me up with the first film, as this is indeed a trilogy. Yes, I had to have a prep-course.

However, the night was incredible. Not only is the film itself pretty, and mesmerizing in its color schemes, but the music is breathtaking. And hearing that music performed live, with a full orchestra and a live choir?! Suffice it to say, the night was beyond.

Unfortunately, I'm embarrasingly late with this post, so the event has come and gone. However, there will be a showing of the third installment of the trilogy next year around this same time, to keep your eyes out!

"Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" was performed at Radio City Music Hall the weekend of October 8, 2010. http://www.theradiocitylotrconcert.com/ Stay apprised to catch next year's performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment