Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Freedom!

I have a confession to make to you, lovely only reader. A few weeks ago, upon my initiation of permanent residency in New York City, I joined a dating site. My initial intention had been to meet friends, I'm new in the city, why close myself off to potentials?, and all that.

However, after a handful of uneventful dates with an uninspiring person, I was ignored by said person for reasons that are surely numerous, but were never honestly communicated. At this point, I threw myself into this dating site, desperate after said site's primary purpose - to find me a somebody! Yet, after strings of messages, photo-hunts, and we-should-hang-outs, I realized that this is not what I want to spend my beginning days in New York doing. Surfing a dating site on the internet? When I have an incredible, hustling, bustling city right outside my window?!

And so, dear supportive Only Reader, I've deleted my profile. I do live in a city that houses models and actresses, yes, but I can hold my own, as I am. And I fully intend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment