Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Princess and the Pea...Sort of

 {Image via}
I know I was all riled up yesterday to get some chic boxes to stack my bedding above my kitchen shelves, but I've changed my mind. (I told you I was fickle. Never say I don't understand and acknowledge my numerous flaws.) I still love the idea of boxes like that, but I also know that I am inherently lazy (see?) and I would change my bedding even less frequently than I do if I had to lug out a stool and hoist down several different boxes every time. As such, I've instead gone full-dorm-room mode, and put my bed up on risers so as to have plenty-o-storage underneath. This has proven to be a wise decision, additionally, because there is more room to store under the bed than there would be above the kitchen shelves, so I have been able to clear out the floor of my closet, so as to leave more room to organize my shoes. You see? It's a win-win, even if it is going to take a little getting used to to sleeping so high off the ground again. And, in the nature of being able to poke fun, let me now regale you with photos of other dorm rooms, all of which appear to have better natural light than my grown-up studio possesses. Hopefully in time my apartment will mature in its decor [honestly, that top dorm room is more properly-color-schemed than my abode], but for the time being, having all my bedding, towels, and so forth out of the corners and off of the floor is sweet relief to my OCD self.
{Image via}
{Image via}
{Image via}
{Image via}

1 comment:

  1. I think you made the right move Jess. More storage is key. P.S. love your long locks!

    ReplyDelete