Tuesday, August 30, 2011

back!

 {Image via}
Well, the trip to New Orleans was fantastic, being able to spend a week with my family was beyond incredible, the wedding was a great time, and apparently there was a little hurricane warning here on the East Coast that kept me stranded in Chicago's O'Hare Airport overnight Sunday night and forced me to spend all of Monday in flight and on the Newark to New York City Shuttle, which could not have taken longer if they had tried. Still, I was able to sleep in my own bed last night, and I am back to the grind this morning. As I am a failure at all things picture-related, I did not even bring my camera on this trip and as such I have no lovely photos with which to regale. Thus you will have to be satisfied with the fact that I went to a voodoo shop, held a baby gator on a swamp tour, and went through a cemetery tour to gaze in awe at all the tombs as New Orleans buries their dead above ground. An amazing trip, to be sure, and Lake Charles was also nice, as much time was spent out by the hotel pool so I finally got a taste of my usual summer color again. All said, it's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment