Tuesday, December 13, 2011

West Village Explorations

 {Image via}
I've been doing a bit more visiting of the West Village now that I have moved to Brooklyn. The L train makes it so convenient to just hop off and take a wander, and it's fortuitous namely because the West Village tends to be where cool people hang out, and I've tended to avoid it because getting off the grid I get terribly, terribly lost. So knowing I can enter right in the midst of it, and exist from that same center point, helps to relieve some of my anxiety. I really like this part of Manhattan because it feels the way old Manhattan surely felt - small narrow business, brick as far as the eye can see, tight quarters. I like the nostalgia of it all. It feels worlds away from the Upper East Side, to which I will admittedly be returning as soon as my classes at Hunter start up. And it's sort of funny that it does feel so far off from the UES, considering all the high-end stores that exist in the village - Diptyque with its - as a friend put it last night - "$90 candles," Marc Jacobs with all the cool threads I wish I had the panache to pull off, and so forth. A lovely little area to walk about in and one which I am excited to finally be starting to learn.
 {Image via}

{Image via}

No comments:

Post a Comment